“What a brilliant idea and we cannot thank you enough for supporting the Trussell Trust. It is such a lovely thing to do and will give people something to look forward to after lockdown is lifted. Music can provide so much hope and enjoyment.”
Kate Merrifield, Events and Mass Participation Fundraising Manager, The Trussell Trust
Wait-For-The-Date is a not-for-profit initiative by Guest Artists, offering uplifting informal live performances in London and the home counties (to start with…but try us!) ready for performance as soon as it is safe to do so.
We’re sure you and your community will love the public concerts, because:
- • there’s no initial cost – each public performance is financed by ticket sales only
- • the performers come to you, and can perform anywhere – in your local church, arts centre etc
- • the concerts are easy to arrange - you provide the venue and audience, and we do the rest!
- • they offer a unique opportunity to see and hear some of the UK’s top musicians performing inspiring, well-known music, for a fraction of the normal ticket price
- • they will help reunite your community and will fill empty social diaries at short notice!
- • they raise funds for The Trussell Trust - the foodbank charity
- • you are helping to restart the country’s artistic life: the performers share the ticket receipts
And everything will be arranged in advance, except for the date – hence the name!
* * * * *
(PS - In response to demand, we now also offer private performances, just for you and your friends!)
Our concert programme
- • Choral spectacular - a world-class choir performing music from royal weddings. But in your church!
- • Messiah – Britain’s best-loved oratorio: a concert performance or an interactive “Come-and-sing”
- • West End gala – great songs from great musicals: Phantom, Les Mis, Mamma Mia! and more
- • Boogie-woogie spectacular – barnstorming, Jools Holland-style piano fireworks!
- • Opera’s greatest hits – arias and duets from the most popular operas by Puccini, Verdi and others
- • Too hot to Handel – Handel’s greatest hits, in association with the London Handel Festival
- • Cosi fan tutte – hilarious, semi-staged performance of this classic Mozart opera, sung in English
- • The ultimate chillout – super-relaxing music, direct from the Chihuly exhibition at Kew Gardens
Why not host a mini arts festival, with concerts on successive evenings? You could even invite local food and drink businesses – breweries, bakeries etc - to set up pop-up outlets at the events!
How to book your wait-for-the-date concert
- • Email [email protected] for full details
- • Let Emma know which concert(s) you’d like
- • We’ll send you a simple checklist of what you need to arrange
- • You publicise the concert locally, and get the audience on standby
- • …or invite your friends to your private event
- • When it’s safe for audiences and performers, we agree a date for your concert(s)
- • You notify the audience; we tell the musicians, then…
- • …on the day, our musicians turn up, and you enjoy a fantastic event!
Ticket details and cost
For public events we recommend a ticket price of just £10 - making the concerts accessible to as many people as possible – plus a donation of food or cash for the nearest food bank run by our partners The Trussell Trust. The performers share the ticket receipts.
No-one at Guest Artists, nor the company itself, will make a penny out of public concerts.
The cost of private performances is subject to individual agreement, but will be modest
The date of the concert
Your guess is as good as ours, and that’s what makes the concerts unique! And the release of lockdown is likely to be gradual too. But every other detail will be organised well in advance, with just the date to be confirmed.
We are used to arranging music at very short notice, and Wait-For-The-Date is just a further example of this. The checklist we’ll send to organisers will show how easy it really is (shh - don’t tell anyone!).
Our contact details
020 8293 3392
We look forward to celebrating the end of lockdown with you!